Thank you very much to Siskoid who presented me with the very cool Certified Geek Award. It's a bit more complicated to pass on than the typical tag-awards you usually see, which makes it that much more special to me.
The rules for passing it on, according to the Award's Official Blog, are:
1. Go to Certified Geek and make sure that the blog you're giving it to hasn't already received the award.So, my two awards (and this was very tough):
2. Create a post on your blog announcing the two blogs you've decided to award.
3. In that post, include the official graphic.
4. Provide a link to the two blogs.
5. Tell why you've chosen the two blogs
6. Include the URL for the award blog (http://certifiablygeekblogs.blogspot.com/)
7. Email Jon K at waffyjon at comcast dot net with the above information, plus what category you think the blog fits in (so he can label it accordingly). If the blog fits more than one category, you should include them all (for example, if the Random Acts of Geekery were awarded this -- which it can't, because none of his blogs are eligible to win -- the categories would be comics, toys, cartoons, sci-fi, Star Trek, monster movies, etc.)
8. Contact the two blogs that you've awarded, tell them about the Certified Geek blog, as well as where they can find the post in which they were awarded. You can do this by emailing the bloggers (if that's possible) or by leaving a comment in a recent post.
The only other rule is that you can't give the award to the same blogger at the same time, even if they have more than one certifiably geek blog! However, if you have more than one blog, and each of them receives the award from different people, you can feel free to award the same blogger (but a different blog) from each of your own blogs!
1. Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness: Brother Calvin brings the blogging in a way that puts me to shame. Not only does he blog about geek stuff more than anyone else I know, he's consistently funny and entertaining while doing it. Plus, there's that whole Cephalopod-Menace Watchdog service that he provides. He's created a world filled with geek culture and I love visiting it.
2. Bully Says: Comics Oughta Be Fun!: Bully's another prolific blogger, but what I like most about him is his focus on the fun of comics. There's lots to get angry and frustrated about in the comics world, but Bully celebrates the positive in a way that's fresh and clever instead of just "Yay Rah Team Comics." He also celebrates Keira Knightley, which proves his impeccable aptitude for discernment. For all of that, he deserves undying admiration.
Thanks again to Siskoid for the recognition and to Jon K from Random Acts of Geekery for inventing the cool award.