Monday, May 31, 2021
Monday, May 24, 2021
AfterLUNCH | Enterprise, Season 2
Friday, May 21, 2021
Hellbent for Letterbox | Django (1966)
Plus: Lots of listener feedback on our 100th episode covering The Searchers.
Seriously Felicity | Drawing the Line, Part 2
Monday, May 17, 2021
AfterLUNCH | Mystery Movie Night – Monoliths, Mansions, and Makeovers
As always with Mystery Movie Night discussions, opinions and spoilers abound, so if you haven't seen a film and prefer not to listen to that part of the episode, here are the time stamps to help you skip to the parts you want to listen to:
00:02:38 - Review of 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
00:23:25 - Review of Being There (1979)
00:46:20 - Review of Clueless (1995)
01:06:51 - Guessing the Connection
Download or listen to the episode here.
Monday, May 10, 2021
AfterLUNCH | After Dinner Lounge - Let It Go in the Sewer, Georgie
- Podcasts like Bonanas for Bonanza and The Untitled GenX Podcast.
- Albums like Disney's Heigh-Ho! Mozart, Yesterday's Wine by Willie Nelson, and This Is What I Live For by Blue October.
- Other audio material like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series and SiriusXM
- Books like Growing Gills by Jessica Abel, The Vanished Bride by Bella Ellis, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and The Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule.
- Comics like The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson, Baltimore by Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden, and Ben Stenbeck, Winter Soldier by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting, Truth: Red, White, and Black by Robert Morales and Kyle Baker, and Eternals by Peter Gillis, Sal Buscema, and Walt Simonson.
- Movies like Romeo and Juliet (1968) and the trailer for Shang Chi.
- TV shows like Reign, the Disney+ MCU shows, The Witcher, and Invincible.
- And real talk about Planning for the Future, Fears and Anxieties, Self Checkout Aisles, and Social Ills and Process Improvements.
Wednesday, May 05, 2021
Hellbent for Letterbox | Return of Sabata (1971)
And something else that returns is the "Whatchoo Been Westernin'?" segment with Pax reading the comic The Legend of Oz: Wicked West by Tom Hutchinson and Alisson Borges and listening to Zaron Burnett's Black Cowboys podcast. Meanwhile, I've been watching the 1998 sorta-Western TV series, Little Men.
Monday, May 03, 2021
AfterLUNCH | Sexify Something for The CW
As promised on the show, here's part of the script that Sue wrote for the pilot episode of The Ropers:
Outdoor pan of California apartment complex. Cream stucco, palm trees, three stories.
The apartment is clearly high end California casual. Helen is lying on the couch in a white diaphanous robe with feather accents, flipping through a catalog. Stanley is peering through a curtain.
I think they’re doing it again. They’re all gathered around the pool like a pack of wolves. There’s going to be a party.
You really need to stop that, you know.
What? Why? As the landlord it’s my job to keep track of everything and make sure tenants are…. Safe.
HELEN RAISES AN EYEBROW AT HIS DISTRACTION AND TOSSES DOWN THE CATALOG
And not stare at them when they wear bikinis at the pool.
STANLEY, LOOKING AFFRONTED
This has nothing to do with bikinis, I’ll have you know. That kid Cory is out there with a drone.
HELEN, PERKING UP AND GETTING OFF THE COUCH
He’s not a kid, he’s thirty, and what is he wearing?
STANLEY, STEPPING BACK AS HELEN WORMS HER WAY IN FRONT OF HIM TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW
You really undermine yourself when you stare at the boys more than I stare at the girls.
I’m a middle-aged woman, we’re considered harmless no matter what we do.
THERE IS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR AND STANLEY OPENS IT. THERE IS A YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE WOMAN WRAPPED IN A SWIM ROBE
Amber, what’s up?
Sorry, Mr. Roper, but I was hoping you could let me into my apartment? I forgot my keys again.
We’ve talked about this, Amber. I’m not your personal butler.
I’m sorry. Pleeeeaase?
STANLEY ROLLS HIS EYES AND GRABS HIS KEYS. HELEN WAVES FROM THE WINDOW
Be careful out there, honey. Watch out for the wolves!
AMBER, LOOKING CONFUSED
Wolves, Mrs. Roper?
Don’t worry, you’ll start to recognize them. But you don’t need to worry about the ones whose teeth have worn down.
HELEN WINKS AT HER HUSBAND. STANLEY BARES HIS TEETH IN A SARCASTIC SMILE AND FOLLOWS AMBER OUT OF THE DOOR.
And here's Evan's proof-of-concept visual for sexy IKEA:
Download or listen to the episode here.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)