Before getting into all the movies from 2019 that I saw (and missed), here's a look at my movie-watching overall last year according to my activity on Letterboxd.
- I watched a total of 480 films for an average of 40 a month or just under 10 a week.
- The first movie I saw last year was Mary Poppins Returns.
- The last movie I saw last year was Sweetheart.
- My most-watched films last year were Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Suspiria (1977), and Paul, Apostle of Christ with two viewings each. (I've seen Rise of Skywalker and Little Women at least that many times, but all but one each of those viewings have been in 2020.)
- Only 44 (or 9.2%) of the movies I saw were actually from 2019.
- 266 of them (or 55.4%) were films I watched for the first time (or at least had never recorded on Letterboxd before).
- I watched a lot of Disney shorts towards the end of the year, thanks to Disney+, so my most-watched actor was Pinto Colvig, the voice of Goofy and Pluto, with 19 films.
- Thanks to Glass, the Marvel movies, and a rewatch of Kong: Skull Island, we got on a Samuel L Jackson kick, so he was my most-watched live actor at 14 films.
- Other actors I watched a lot of were Walt Disney and Clarence Nash (thanks again, Disney shorts), Boris Karloff, Sylvester Stallone, Liam Neeson, and Luke Evans.
- My most watched directors all did Disney shorts (with Wilfred Jackson leading the pack at 13), but my most watched feature-length directors were Alfonso Cuarón, Justin Lin, and Roger Corman at 4 each. I got on a Cuarón kick early in the year, re-watched the Fast and Furious movies, and checked out some of Corman's Edgar Allan Poe adaptations.
- Walt Disney was my top producer at 39 films.
- But oddly, Disney was not the studio whose films I watched the most of. That would be Universal at 41, thanks largely to Universal monster movies. Disney and Warner Brothers were tied for second place with 36 films each.
- Bram Stoker was my top writer at 13 films thanks to all the Dracula adaptations I watched.
- Seven Samurai was the movie I saw that's most liked by other Letterboxd users.
- Show Dogs was the least liked by other Letterboxd users.
- Pulp Fiction is the most popular movie among Letterboxd users that I saw last year.
- The most obscure movie I watched was a 1921 silent film called Jesse James as the Outlaw.
Post a Comment