Brian K. Vaughan has a tradition of doing Reader Surveys that are more slam books than actual demographic data about his audience. The questions are always fun, and he asked a bunch of new ones in Saga #14. I'm answering mine here instead of mailing them in, so feel free to chip in with your own answers in the comments or on your own blog.
|Beware the Internet|
I'm not at all embarrassed that I had to look up that term. 46/M/Saint Paul.
2. And if you don't mind us asking, where do you buy your comical books?
The Source Comics and Games.
3. Okay, but when was the last time you climbed a rope and/or used a rope to aid your ascent?
Ha! Last time they forced me to do one of those "skills" tests, so probably like fifth grade.
4. Do you believe in any kind of afterlife?
Yeah, but I'm real shaky on the details.
|Tony Angelotti and Johnny Depp|
Johnny Depp's stunt double from Pirates of the Caribbean.
6. In adolescent sex talk, what does "third base" represent to you?
Anything that you can do unprotected and still not make a baby.
7. President Obama probably hasn't had too much freetime since he was elected, so which (non-Saga) comics that have been released in the last five years would you most recommend to him?
Tumor, The Unsinkable Walker Bean, the Resistance trilogy, George O'Connor's Olympians series, The Unwritten, Beasts of Burden: Animal Rites, Return of the Dapper Men, American Vampire, Kill Shakespeare, Pepper Penwell and the Land Creature of Monster Lake, Sailor Twain, Hark! A Vagrant, Planet of the Apes, The Dare Detectives, Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Hawkeye, FF (the Fraction/Allred version), Battlepug, the Pinocchio: Vampire Slayer trilogy, Templar, Boxers & Saints, and I'm kinda partial to Kill All Monsters.
8. It's your final meal; what would you like to drink with that?
Part of me wants to try something that I've never had before like absinthe, but truthfully I'd go for something familiar and comforting like Pepsi.
9. On Star Trek: The Next Generation, which two characters had a never-acknowledged love affair that only you know about?
I bet I'm not the only one who knows about Troi and Dr. Crusher, but that'll still be my answer.
|I paid for this one. Promise.|
A Magnum p.i. T-shirt. Not that I got away with it.
11. Who or what do you miss?
12. Have you ever had a possible supernatural experience, and if so, what happened?
I'm such the opposite of having supernatural experiences that my super power, apparently, is to repel all ghosts, aliens, and sasquatches. Whenever people get around and share those stories, I just have to sit there and listen jealously.
13. Do you know anyone currently in prison?
Not currently. I've got a dear friend who spent some time in the joint, but not anymore.
14. Which field or fields do you consider yourself an expert in?
I am to Alpha Flight what Chris Sims is to Batman.
|In all seriousness, I'm really proud of |
the Harvey Award that Robot 6
won this year.
Sure. I got that one Letter of the Month from Milestone. And a perfect attendance award from work several years ago. And I won first prize at a Halloween costume contest for dressing up like a scarecrow when I was a kid. When people used to pass around those blogging awards, I got a few of those too. I even got a participation trophy for being on my last-place city-league soccer team. I'm very well recognized for my achievements.
16. Has Twitter made you a happier person?
Let's just say that I'm happy to have finally figured out how to make Twitter useful for me.
17. What did your parents almost name you?
I'm named after my dad, so there was never any debate as long as I was born a masculine child. But had I been a girl child, I'd have been "Michelle."
18. Did you watch any of those videos that Chelsea Manning helped leak, especially that one?
19. If you had to fight in any war from human history, which would you choose?
The Cold one. Armed with an Aston Martin and a Walther PPK.
|Card by Witsickle|
Anyone reading this. And Witsickle for borrowing the photo of her awesome card.
21. What is the most important article of clothing that you own?
Man, clothing is so low on my list of important things, but lately, I'll go with my coat.
22. Are you happily addicted to anything?
23. We're having a dance! Would you like to come to our dance?
Only if I get to DJ.
24. You have to permanently give up either movies or television, so what's it gonna be?
Movies. That would be difficult, but forced to choose, I'll keep the one that's more adaptable and conducive to long-form storytelling.
25. Finally, please draw a quick doodle of yourself, especially if you're not an artist.